Saturday, June 20, 2009

Closets, magazines and shoe obsessions.

So today I am cleaning through the spare bedroom closet today because it seriously looks like a bomb has gone off and I am realizing a pattern. I hoarde magazines. Not crazy hoarding, but nevertheless, I save them unnecessarily. I used to get all of these magazine subscriptions and I would read through them, and then save them on a shelf in the closet or my bookshelf for "future reference". Like I was ever going to have time to scour through 50 magazines to search for that one article I read 6 months ago. So, I'm throwing them all out. (OK, other than my Rachael Rays, but they are in a magazine holder and have great recipes!) And it's funny because in looking back at these magazines (I have a lot of Women's Health) most of them say "Flat Belly in 2 Weeks!"-and I find this interesting because they are supposed to come up with NEW material, not the same old stuff. I don't know why I never paid attention to it before. It's just making it all the more obsolete that I kept any of them in the first place.


Anyway, I love those days when you get into a cleaning frenzy and just get rid of all the crap you've accumulated over the years that you really thought was going to have a good use one day ("But I need to get this!"), only to find it in a closet taking up space x months later. It's refreshing to get rid of stuff. At least for me- it's like you get a fresh start. Clean lines, more space -- for shoes! Mark needs to keep me out of the shoe stores. I'd like to call it a healthy obsession, but don't let him hear that.

Off to finish my cleaning frenzy!

~LeAnn

1 comments:

Valerie said...

haha i do exactly the same thing with magazines( and of course never read it again). And you are so right, the articles are always the same. Only the products to have this flat belly you talked about have changed! We need some new fresh air in the magazine industry!